Welcome to League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Kansas. We are located in the Greater Kansas City metro area. Monthly meetings are held on the first Saturday at 9 a.m. The public is welcome.
Saturday, March 1 Meeting
Atonement Lutheran Church (lower level)– 9948 Metcalf, Overland Park, KS
8:30 a.m. Social Time
9 – 11 a.m. – Program
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Karen Wulfkuhle, Executive Director of United Community Services of Johnson County, will present an overview of their a recent report about assitance to poor families.
Kasey Lawson, Head Start of Shawnee Mission Family and Community Partnerships Coordinator
Panelist (not yet confirmed)
Panelist (not yet convirmed)
We look forward to seeing you!
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate debates and public issue forums.
You can make a difference! Join League of Women Voters and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men of eligible voting age.