Make an impact.
Become a member of the League.
(Save the file and open it with a pdf reader and fill it out, or print it and fill it out. Then mail it with your check.)
|"To the wrongs that need resistance,
To the right that needs assistance,
To the future in the distance,
Carrie Chapman Catt,
Founder--League of Women Voters
The League of Women Voters of Johnson County Kansas (LWVJoCo) is a nonprofit organization that relies on membership dues, donations and volunteers to provide critical civic engagement services in our community. The League does not support or oppose any political party or any candidate.
This League covers both Johnson and Wyandotte counties on the Kansas side of metropolitan Kansas City.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have been receiving our emails as a nonmember and now want to become a member of LWVJoCo, click Join Now! above. After you join, you'll have a login and password to access the member-only areas of our website.
Reasons to join League:
- Automatically become a member of the local, state and national League of Women Voters.
- Receive newsletters and alerts that enable you to take action on critical policy issues at the local, state and national levels.
- Be part of the development of thoughtful, well-researched, nonpartisan policy positions.
- Find an array of volunteer opportunities at whatever level you’re comfortable with and for the time you have available.
- Be part of our inclusive community—we are open to all community residents and work for the full democratic rights of all people.
- Meet with elected officials and help organize publicized events that speak to large and varied groups.
- Learn about important issues and practice new leadership skills through our committees and campaigns.
- Create new friendships with members all over Johnson and Wyandotte counties as well as Kansas!
Annual Membership Dues - 2020
- Individual member: $70 per year
- Additional member(s): $35 each per year
same household as an individual member
- Student member: $25 per year A student is defined as any individual registered full-time in a Kansas area academic institution (high-school, community college, college/graduate program, certificate program)
Membership is eligible for renewal 12 months from the date of joining League.
To join online, click JOIN_NOW
To join by mail, download the membership application
. You can either save the file and open it with a pdf reader and fill it out, or print it and fill it out. Then mail it along with a check payable to “LWVJoCo” to the address indicated on the form.
How to renew:
Click “Member Login” at the top of the webpage. Click the red Renew link to renew your membership. This choice only appears if your membership is up for renewal. You will be taken into the Member Renewal page.